Winter is upon us and it is time to prepare for those rough days of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Below are a few things to keep in mind during your airline travel this time of year.
1) Track Your Flight – This is key to keeping you informed. Two sites used commonly to track current flight information are www.flightaware.com and www.flightview.com . These sites are often updates even faster than the airline websites.
2) Be Prepared for Delays – This can be especially important when traveling with children. During bad weather days, your travel time can extend by 3-4hrs. Pack extra activities, books or movies to help ease the trauma of long waits in the terminal or on the tarmac.
3) Bring a Blanket In Your Carry-On – Planes get cold when they sit on the tarmac. And let’s be honest, the little 3ft blanket the airline provides just won’t cut it.
Latest posts by Dale Schahczinski (see all)
- 5 Vehicles for Chicago Wedding Transportation - May 25, 2017
- 4 Business Travel Apps for Corporate Travelers - May 18, 2017
- Long Layover at O’Hare? Here’s Where to Eat & What to Do - May 11, 2017