The Best Autumn Activities in Chicago
The Windy City is a place of many charms: jazz clubs, historic sites, amazing food and beautiful natural features to delight visitors and residents alike. As the autumn wears on and colder temperatures arrive, there are many Chicago activities that simply won’t be available for visitors to experience when they arrive.
Planning an itinerary for your trip to Chicago before the cold sets in means the opportunity to experience some one-of-a-kind sights and sounds in the beautiful city. We’ve created a list of our favorite activities to add to your itinerary before the bitter cold arrives.
Chicago Botanic Garden
1000 Lake Cook Road, Glencoe, IL
For over 40 years, the Chicago Botanic Garden has been attracting visitors with its 26 gardens and four natural areas. The Botanic Garden features a library, a conservation center, an English Wall Garden and a Japanese Garden. The Botanic Garden is gorgeous during the fall, with its exceptional autumn blooms and plants; visiting before the cold sets in will guarantee that you enjoy the exquisite fall colors before
Promontory Point at Burnham Park
5491 S. Shore Drive, Chicago, IL
Located in scenic Burnham Park on the lakefront of Grant Park, Promontory Point was designed by architect Alfred Caldwell, and sits among beautiful natural areas, a historic skate park, and plenty of beaches. A visit to Promontory Point before the Chicago cold sets in means an opportunity to soak up some of the natural beauty of Chicago’s lakefront, amid the fall foliage and sparkling waters.
Enjoying a delicious fall cocktail before the winter menu arrives is a great way to spend a night out in the Windy City. The first step to planning this exceptional experience is to book Chicago car service to handle transportation; after all, you don’t want to have to stop after two cocktails because you have to drive. With a chauffeur, you can enjoy a few more.
Here are our favorite places to enjoy a fall cocktail in Chicago:
- Vera– fall cocktails at Vera are especially scrumptious, especially when you pair a delightful gin or heavy sherry cocktail with the beautiful atmosphere and exceptional service.
- The Barrelhouse Flat– The Kiss Gamble or the Amber Dream are standout fall-friendly cocktails at this exceptional Chicago restaurant.
- Longman and Eagle– With over 60 whiskeys and bourbons on their menu, Longman and Eagle is a premiere Chicago stop for fall cocktails and atmosphere.
- Fountainhead– their sheer variety of Scotch Malt Whiskeys make this a great stop for your tour of Chicago’s best fall cocktails.
- The Violet Hour– this North Damen bar embodies swank and elegance—and the drink menu lives up to the hype. With fall-friendly listings like the Courage Under Fire, you’ll likely find the intimate, hearty atmosphere among your favorite Chicago bars.
500-5700 N. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL
Chicago’s biggest park is a smorgasbord of breathtaking fall foliage, with a variety of deciduous trees and sprawling lawns that showcase autumn’s wonder. There are plenty of family-friendly activities available, like a history museum, a world-famous zoo, a conservatory, a nature sanctuary and plenty of recreational fields and centers. The Park is must for those of you looking to enjoy the beauty of fall in Chicago before temperatures plummet.
Fall in Chicago is a wonderful time to get out, enjoy the natural beauty of the city and visit some of the gorgeous natural areas before winter comes. With car service to handle your transportation, you can focus on enjoying the city and the company of your loved ones.