Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
The Best Lights Festival in Chicago
The holiday season is approaching, which means the opportunity to be dazzled by millions of beautiful Christmas lights is already upon us. Lights displays are the joy of both children and adults alike, and finding great lights displays this holiday season is as easy as doing a little research.
If you’re in the Chicago area, you’ve likely heard of the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival, a place where music, celebration, and holiday-themed festivities take place on November 22, and will help you kick off the 2014 holiday season.
If you’re thinking of visiting the Magnificent Mile Lights Festival this year, take a look at the information we’ve compiled below.
What to Expect
The Festival will begin at approximately 11 AM on November 22, and the BMO Harris Bank Stage will feature tons of great performances throughout the day.
Beginning at 11 AM, you can enjoy the musical stylings of Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime Players. Roberts is a renowned figure in the world of children’s entertainment, and his show is great for kids of all ages.
At 12:15 pm, the Radio Disney Crew will take over.
At 12:45, the very talented Jacquie Lee will take the stage, charming the crowd with her powerhouse vocals.
At 1:45 pm, enjoy the talents of Nico and Vaz.
Kendall Schmidt will perform at 2:45 pm, with Heffron Drive accompanying.
Whether you’re at the stage or wandering around the festival, the music will keep the mood high and the atmosphere festive.
Lights Festival Lane
Lights Festival Lane is a kid’s paradise, with face painting, a reading corner and a holiday activity list.
View the recently completed Community Art Project, a mural made up of over 2,000 individual tiles.
Other great activities on Lights Festival Lane include:
- Eli’s Cheesecake Company will be serving up free slices of cheesecake throughout the festival. Bring a non-perishable food item for donation, and they’ll give you a free slice of cheesecake to take home with you, too.
- Garrett Popcorn Shops will have a booth set up and will be giving out complimentary treat-size bags of their Garrett Mix®. They’ll also be serving cups of their delicious, warm apple cider, and a fraction of the proceeds of which will go to the local Lurie Children’s Hospital.
- Family Fun Photos at the Mastercard Priceless Chicago Booth
- Free coupons at the Radio Disney Booth
- Make Your Own Trailmix at the Whole Foods Booth
The Tree Lighting Parade
What would a lights festival be without a tree-lighting parade? The Magnificent Mile Tree Lighting Parade begins at 5:30 pm and runs from Oak Street to Wacker Drive. Many local businesses and organizations will participate in the tree-lighting parade, and the event will culminate in the lighting of the gorgeous tree on Wacker Drive.
This event will be densely populated will families and couples alike, so finding an efficient way to reach the festival and an easy way to leave is a worthwhile investment of your time and money.
Booking Chicgo car service to handle your trip to and from the Magnificent Mile will help diminish the stress and anxiety related to navigation and will remove the challenge of parking completely. Your chauffeur will drop you off at the festival’s entrance and pick you up at a specified location when it’s time to go.
Begin planning your Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Experience today; not only can have the perfect transportation available, but you can plan your itinerary for the event so you and your family don’t miss any of the fun.
Latest posts by Dale Schahczinski (see all)
- 5 Vehicles for Chicago Wedding Transportation - May 25, 2017
- 4 Business Travel Apps for Corporate Travelers - May 18, 2017
- Long Layover at O’Hare? Here’s Where to Eat & What to Do - May 11, 2017